We acknowledge that we are settlers living and working on the stolen, unceded, ancestral territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), S’ólh Téméxw (Stó:lō), Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh), Qayqayt, and kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Kwikwetlem) peoples.
Jasmine Garfield, MCP, RCC.
Registered Clinical Counsellor & EMDR Practitioner
Welcome, I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (#12279) with a Masters in Counselling Psychology. I believe in the importance of having a place(s) and relationships where a person can feel heard, cared for, and respected.
My approach is eclectic, in that, I draw from a range of evidence-based approaches and adapt my approach in response to what brings each individual into counselling. I am a trauma-informed therapist who approaches sessions from an Adlerian and Narrative lens. I provide client-centered counselling from a strength-based and anti-oppressive perspective. I am dedicated to holding a friendly and inclusive space where individuals feel safe to be themselves.
A little bit more about me…I grew up in a small town in Ontario and moved to British Columbia as a teenager. I’m an introvert, who cares and feels deeply for others and the world. I value kindness, play, creativity, nature, knowledge and humour (to name a few). I’m a proud mother, avid reader and I aspire to learn the guitar (emphasis on aspire). I am truly grateful to be a therapist, and I highly respect everyone who does the work to inspire growth within themselves and the greater world.
Look forward to meeting you!
Additional Clinical Training:
- EMDR Core Foundations
- Facilitator Training, SMART Recovery
- Foundations of Theory and Practice, Vancouver School of Narrative Therapy
- Living with the Legacy of Loss, Janina Fisher, Academy of Therapy Wisdom
- Using the Change Triangle (AEDP), Hilary Jacobs Hendel
- Tools for Psychotherapy with Highly Sensitive People, Alane Freund
- Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors, Janina Fisher
- Protecting Yourself and Your Client, B.C. Play Therapy Association
- Gottman: Level 1 Training, The Gottman Institute
- Respect, Safety and Violence Prevention, Family Services of Vancouver
- Boundaries Program, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Lecture by Alfried Längle, Existential Analysis Society
- Anxiety in our Children, Alderwood Family Development Centre
- Youth Substance Use Prevention, Vancouver School Board: SACY Program
- Basics Workshop for Existential Living, Existential Analysis Society
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training, Crisis Prevention Institute
- Restorative Justice and Elder Abuse, Keynotes: Arlene Groh & Mark Haden
- Mindup Program Training Workshop, The Hawn Foundation
- Basic Ethics in Research, Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative
- Kay Pranis Peacemaking Circle Training, Simon Fraser University
- RJ Whitepaper Co-author, Adler Institute on Public Safety and Social Justice
- FRIENDS For Life Workshop, Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Roots of Empathy, Panel Presenters: Mary Gordon and Brenda Morrison
- Lead Therapist Training, Early Autism Project