We are uninvited settlers occupying the unceded and ancestral territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), S’ólh Téméxw (Stó:lō), Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh), Qayqayt, and kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Kwikwetlem) peoples. Our relationship with these lands dictates our commitment to understanding the ongoing impacts of colonization and decolonizing our practices in and out of the counselling room.
Jasmine Garfield, MCP, RCC.
Registered Clinical Counsellor & EMDR Practitioner
Welcome, I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (#12279) with a Masters in Counselling Psychology. I believe in the importance of having a place(s) and relationships where a person can feel heard, cared for, and respected.
My approach is eclectic, in that, I draw from a range of evidence-based approaches and adapt my approach in response to what brings each individual into counselling. I am a trauma-informed therapist who approaches sessions from an Adlerian and Narrative lens. I provide client-centered counselling from a strength-based and anti-oppressive perspective. I am dedicated to holding a friendly and inclusive space where individuals feel safe to be themselves.
A little bit more about me…I grew up in a small town in Ontario and moved to British Columbia as a teenager. I’m an introvert, who cares and feels deeply for others and the world. I value kindness, play, creativity, nature, knowledge and humour (to name a few). I’m a proud mother, avid reader and I aspire to learn the guitar (emphasis on aspire). I am truly grateful to be a therapist, and I highly respect everyone who does the work to inspire growth within themselves and the greater world.
Look forward to meeting you!
Additional Clinical Training:
- EMDR Core Foundations
- Facilitator Training, SMART Recovery
- Foundations of Theory and Practice, Vancouver School of Narrative Therapy
- Living with the Legacy of Loss, Janina Fisher, Academy of Therapy Wisdom
- Using the Change Triangle (AEDP), Hilary Jacobs Hendel
- Tools for Psychotherapy with Highly Sensitive People, Alane Freund
- Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors, Janina Fisher
- Protecting Yourself and Your Client, B.C. Play Therapy Association
- Gottman: Level 1 Training, The Gottman Institute
- Respect, Safety and Violence Prevention, Family Services of Vancouver
- Boundaries Program, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Lecture by Alfried Längle, Existential Analysis Society
- Anxiety in our Children, Alderwood Family Development Centre
- Youth Substance Use Prevention, Vancouver School Board: SACY Program
- Basics Workshop for Existential Living, Existential Analysis Society
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training, Crisis Prevention Institute
- Restorative Justice and Elder Abuse, Keynotes: Arlene Groh & Mark Haden
- Mindup Program Training Workshop, The Hawn Foundation
- Basic Ethics in Research, Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative
- Kay Pranis Peacemaking Circle Training, Simon Fraser University
- RJ Whitepaper Co-author, Adler Institute on Public Safety and Social Justice
- FRIENDS For Life Workshop, Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Roots of Empathy, Panel Presenters: Mary Gordon and Brenda Morrison
- Lead Therapist Training, Early Autism Project
- San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training; Core ICS Mental Health - Provincial Health Services Authority